Thursday, July 1, 2010

Your First Glimpse

So this is obviously my first post, but not my first blog. Not to say I am a seasoned blog(her) or anything, but I started one and it was lame - so I erased it all and took a break for about 3 years, had a couple (more) kids and then today decided, I think I might have something to say.

So far this will be, I think, just my thoughts on any number of subjects. I have lots of thoughts and most of them just stay in my head making the rounds and are never fully developed and "outed". So, now I am out.

Stand back.

I just celebrated my 10th anniversary with my husband. He rocks. Literally. He bought me some diamond studs. I think they were named after him. I was crazy surprised to be receiving them, over a fancy shmancy dinner with my kids in the very able care of Ms. Jerry Kay (our sitter, or life saver, whichever you prefer). We have been aggressively re-working our attitudes about money and how we over spend it. So, I was not expecting AT ALL to be gettin' that kind of a gift. I got him a bendable tripod and silver money clip. He won. I did pour out my heart to him in beautiful prose, but I still think he won. But, who am I kidding? I am the one who REALLY WON.

He is the man I was too stupid to dream of. I am super glad I married him without thinking too much about it. Seriously, the best decision I made and the least amount of deliberation. Go figure. That is not generally how my mind works at all.

Welcome to it's world.....

1 comment:

  1. Girl I LOVE your brain and the stuff that comes out of it--just read ALL your posts and am amazed--you should seriously write a book...you are a great writer and express your feelings so simply, yet powerfully....I am so excited to keep up with more as you write them...I SO GET right where you are in your crazy life right now--maybe that's why it's so impactful and ministering to my soul, even as I write you! I love your heart and YOU sweet cousin...Love-Heather

    ReplyDelete